November was Taycie's birthday!
And we learned that Tanner is a chocolate cake thief:
December was great. We opened Christmas presents and within 10 minutes we were knee deep in wrapping paper. We loved visiting with all of our family! Thank you g-mas and g-pas for all the spoiling of the children (and the parents too)!!





January has caught us off guard to say the least. 2009, so far, has been 19 days I wish I could forget (most of it). Dee had the flu New Year's Day. Good thing he had the holiday off-he wouldn't have made it in. Five days later...I got it. There are very few times I can say I've thrown-up all day long; and I have never had the aches in my joints like that before! That was just BRUTAL!
On the 6th I had a doctor appointment to confirm this:
Dee made me buy the digital test so there was no confusion. It was a bit of a surprise.
However, one week later there was a problem (some bleeding) and I went back to my doctor. On the ultrasound we could see some sort of defect with the heart (it would pause and flutter) and that there had been no growth (still only measured 6 weeks at 7.5 weeks).
I've been on a bit of a roller-coaster ride this last week. I didn't think a miscarriage would be so hard to go through. There are lots of emotions and hormones you would normally have 9 months to figure out...I had to process them quite quickly. I'm sure I'm on the mend now and that it is all going to work out...we will be just fine.
**I have to say to all my mom-in-law's family I love you and I am so sorry for your loss. I have been so self-absorbed I never replied to any postings about Rachel's passing. Now I just feel like I'm too late to say anything. I've loved looking at the pictures you've posted from California...it looks like you had an amazing family experience and I thank you for all your hugs you have sent my way.
SO-looking on the other side...I do smile because of these things:
- Tanner. He says "funny boy" and "good boy" about himself and calls me a "seet-heart". He rubbed my back when I was sick. He is a complete joy to have at home all day. He is learning to say prayers-we have to pray a second time just for him. And he helps me sort the laundry before finding the *PINK* gloves and slippers and climbing into the dryer.
- Taycie. She is so responsible. She gets herself up and going every morning for school. She studies so hard and brings home good grades. She loves to read. She loves Primary (she's in my class this year!). She wishes me sweet dreams every night when I tuck her in.
- Dee. He only has 9 days left of school! He will go to campus on the 28th for his last night of class. He's amazing. He made it, I knew he would!! We have a Master in-da-house! HOLLA! (am I qualified to use that term? probably not-sorry.) He is so strong. It will be such a relief to not have the pressure of school on him that he has worked through these past 3 years. When he comes home from work we get all of him now. He is so much the foundation of this family. And he is able to make me feel better about things. I really really love him.
- Soup. Good neighbors brought me yummy soup. Dee even went out and found me yummy soup one night.
- My niece is serving a mission and I started her blog. I had to take my mind off other things...it's turning out nicely. Visit if you'd like: sisterstoriestinger.blogspot.com
- Family. What would we do with out them? And since you belong to mine-let me say I love you! I think 2009 will eventually turn out to be a pretty good year. (HOPING!)

5 comments:
Wow. It really sounds like the year has been up and down. A big huge congrats to your sweet husband. I admire people who can start and finish such a huge thing as college. Hope you are all feeling better.
I'm so sorry (again) about the miscarriage. I hope you are recovering and getting at least a little bit of rest! Tell Dee I am sooo stinking proud of him! That is so great! You guys are such a sweet, wonderful family. I'm blessed to know you.
Here's hoping the rest of 2009 is BETTER!
You guys certainly have been so busy!! It looks like you had a great christmas. I'm so sorry for your loss I'm sure thats so awful to go through!! Your kids are darling though and sound like they are just taking such great care of there mom right now! Your so lucky to have such darling kidlets!! Oh and i'm sure you don't miss graves one bit i wouldn't either i just can't wait for the day when i can be a stay at home mom like you!! :-)
Kristy, I've been thinking so much about you these past couple of weeks. I admire your strength and your goodness, so much.
I know the empty ache and pain that comes from loss like yours. It makes me wish I could just wrap my arms around you and hug you until it was gone. I'm so sorry.
I'm sooooo incredibly proud of Dee and all of the good things you guys are doing with your lives. You are just wonderful, truly!
AHHHH it's sooo good to "hear" from you again. I am so sorry for the last few weeks and the pain you have been in. My heart just aches for you. I'm so happy for Dee and so proud of him. What a wonderful and lovely family you are. I love you so much!
Post a Comment